Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Daddy's Little Girl

"There's two things I know for sure:
She was sent here from heaven and she's daddy's little girl
As I drop to my knees by her bed at night
She talks to Jesus and I close my eyes and
I thank god for all the joy in my life
Oh, but most of all

For butterfly kisses after bedtime prayer;
sticking little white flowers all up in her hair;
"Walk beside the pony, Daddy, it's my first ride."
"I know the cake looks funny, Daddy, but I sure tried."
In all that I've done wrong I know I musthave done something right
to deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night...

...She'll change her name today
She'll make a promise and I'll give her away
Standing in the bride-room just staring at her
She asked me what I'm thinking and I said
"I'm not sure -I just feel like I'm losing my baby girl."
She leaned over &..

Gave me butterfly kisses with her mama there,
Sticking little white flowers all up in her hair
"Walk my down the aisle, Daddy - it's just about time."
"Does my wedding gown look pretty, Daddy? Daddy, don't cry!"
Oh, with all that I've done wrong I must have done something right

To deserve your love every morning and butterfly kisses -
I couldn't ask God for more, man this is what love is.
I know I gotta let her go,

but I'll always remember
every hug in the morning and butterfly kisses... "

- Bob Carlisle, Butterfly Kisses


At times when i was photographing Michelle with her parents, the emotions just felt so intense that i felt like i was intruding on too personal a moment. Eventhough the room was packed with friends and relatives all happily snapping away, for that brief second, nobody else existed - time stood still and Michelle and her dad were the only two people in the room..


[p/s: Full view this pic please.. the thumbnail is a lil too dark]