Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Hiding inside my BOX.

The BOX - Pen sketch + Photoshop rendering (for my recent summer course)

I complain a lot about having to do hand drawings..
but truth is.. i secretly like it.


It scares me like crap when i think about having to draw stuff manually.. it just seems so foreign to me which is strange seeing as i've been doing this for a few years now... some people find sky diving and bungee jumping scary... sit me down in front of a blank sheet of paper with a pen, a ruler and a 2-day deadline and i pretty much get the same feeling.

Call me weird but i still don't feel comfortable with people looking at something i've made or drawn by hand.. i'm fine with showing photos and computer graphics and other more 'processed' stuff like that but something hand-made and hand drawn.. just seems so... personal.. so blatantly human.. and raw.

I don't post my work up much here. Only the ones that scared me upon starting them and made me happy that i did attempt them once it's all finally over.

I suppose it's true that the things in life that scare you the most are often the most worthwhile - and they don't even have to be big things.. just little ones faced everyday, one little freaky feat at a time.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Monsta said...
ehh, nice sketch..

the box.is.cute!

i so agree with the worthwhile = scaryshit

yet, sometimes they come in too big of a chunk to purge... ;p

Anonymous Anonymous said...
hi, grace right?

very nice sketch. i could almost picture it in front of me. excuse the randomness, but what font do you use for the watermarks? thanks (: