Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Transitions

Transitions - The Australian War Memorial, Canberra, Australia.

Each season in life comes and goes like the light of day..
giving us a changing perspective of constant things..

I hate goodbyes.
I hate transition periods.

They always leave me in this rather contemplative mood. A state of mind that straddles between acceptance of the fact that change is inevitable and in denial of the fact that things have to change. I suppose everyone moves on eventually. People meet and have good times together then move on and have good memories together.

It seems like each time i've finally figured out how things are working in my life, circumstances change to throw me back into having to start over again.

I'm sitting here with my sketch pad drawing a corner in my room. Even as i draw i can see the shadows shifting, the colours transforming, the intensity of the light rising and falling in rhythm with the passing clouds. As i watch this day pass it seems at once familiar and strange.

So i sit
i watch
i revel in the moment

then i let it go.

Tomorrow there will be a new sunrise, a new sunset, a new passing day. It will be with me for but a moment then pass me by..

and so life goes on..

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Monsta said...
wow.. how u did that three pictures? love the ermm.. toning of it?

me hate transitions too :(

Blogger Grace Tham said...
hehe how did i do those pics? secret ;) are they real? are they fake are they what they seem? la la la... who knows? hehe

aih ya lor.. you know how i hate that floaty in between...